location:

Karachi, Pakistan

year:

2014

team members:

Asiri Dissanayake, Olga Majda, Vit Forman

description: 

The project in Karachi was about housing problems. In Karachi there is an issue of high annual need for additional housing, (around 80 000 units). Only 40% of them is covered by formal settlement and the rest 60% is covered by informal settlement. We focused on the gap between informal and formal settlement in city and we tried to smooth gap between them by adding new functions and improving living conditions in neighborhood. My part of the group project consisted of proposing local bazaar with housing units in upper floors.